On Aug 20, 2009, at 1:25 AM, Jan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I came across a use case where I would like to access a value of an
> attribute of a particular resource. I cannot find anything like this
> in the documentation.
>
> Essentially, I am trying to do something like this:
>
> $cacert_path = Base::X509::Cert["cacert"].path
>
> Did I miss something in the concepts?

There's no ability to do this right now, but... I don't see a whole
lot of reason not to support it, and it's likely to be a relatively
simple language change.

I've kind of avoided it just because it's a pretty significant
increase in visibility of resources throughout the catalog, but in the
end, relative to what else we've added, it's actually a small change
now.

I guess file a feature request for it?

--
The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get
up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.