Hi Dan,

I've just copy paste the instructions from the wiki
http://theforeman.org/wiki/foreman/Installation_instructions, and everything
seems fine.

I do know that http cloneing from github could not work well, it depends a
lot on your http proxy as well.
if you choose to download from github using the download link, it will not
provide all additional sub modules which are requried for Foreman
(you would need to do git submodules command)

thats why I've added in the foreman website the ability to download the
latest stable version (link from the installation instruction above).

nevertheless, the latest dev version has support for puppet reports, so it
might worth using it..

cheers,
Ohad