Aurelien Degremont wrote:

> How do you deal with a file, like /etc/sysconfig/network which have
> content composed from different aspects (could be network, nfs, nis,
> ...). So managed by various modules but all > of them should add its
> own stuff to the same file.
>
> What is your elegant way to deal with this?

Edit the individual settings using e.g. Augeas.  Preferably wrap it in
a define, so you don't have to deal with the augeas type directly every
time you want to change something in /etc/sysconfig.

Shameless plug: I have a define 'rh_sysconfig' for setting /etc/sysconfig
entries in a module I've written.  You can get it by doing a git clone of
http://www.nsc.liu.se/~bellman/nsc-puppet-utils.git.  It doesn't use Augeas
for manipulating the file, though, but some custom types for doing even
lower level editing of text files.

        /Bellman