On Oct 15, 2009, at 3:10 PM, Dan Bode wrote:

> there is also a param for service called "pattern" that allows you
> to specify the regex that should be used to determine the process
> (in case one of them doesnt properly implement status)

This is almost certainly the issue - Puppet just looks for the service
name in the process table, anywhere, if your init script doesn't have
a 'status' option and/or you haven't told Puppet to use it.

Try specifying hasstatus => true or a pattern.

--
Hoare's Law of Large Problems:
     Inside every large problem is a small problem struggling to get