On Oct 21, 2009, at 2:50 AM, kyawai wrote:

> Thank you for reply.
>
> Sorry, value '10' of the parallelize is not so significant,
> because even if the value is changed, it becomes a same deal.
> It became a same deal when not specifying it.
>
> It is using report mail to information share a manifest application
> result
> because multiple people manage the server.
>
> For instance, when the same manifest as 10 clients is applied,
> puppetrun is executed with the devel-111 server by which puppetmasterd
> does run.
> [...]
> The log from which the manifest is repeatedly applied in devel-111
> until "Finished catalog run" is written, and report is transmitted is
> written.
> Other client is also similar.
>
> 1 or two or more reports of each of the clients are transmitted.
> It is likely to reach 30 per server at times.
>
> It happens when option "--host" is used with puppetrun in plurals.
> But, it doesn't happen in case of one.
> The relation seem not to be in the value of "-p", and "--tag".
>

> It thinks whether there is a problem in the part of the notification
> from puppetd between "16:48:06"-"16:47:31"
> because there is an access from devel05 many times
> when tcpdump is executed with devel-111.
>
> It is anxious that "Compiled catalog" happens many times by
> puppetmasterd.
> Besides, it acquires it when there is necessary information.

I'm missing something in this large amount of data, I think.

So, if you specify multiple hosts then you get duplication, right?
Are the actual runs being duplicated, or just the logs, or just the
reports, or what?

--
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad
judgment. --Barry LePatner