Hi Scott,

The first thread you referenced looks like someone patched the issue that
you are referring to.

have you tried setting the $name parameter of the nagios resources? Does
this not set the nagios name as expected?

Just to be clear, the name variable is the same the title,

EX:

  supercoolnagiostype{"$NAME":
    var1 => foo,
    car2 => bar,