On Dec 2, 2009, at 11:51 AM, Andrew Schulman wrote:

>>> It takes a really long time for
>>> http://reductivelabs.com/trac/puppet/wiki/TypeReference to render.
>>> I've
>>> noticed it for a while, but today for the first time it actually
>>> timed out
>>> on me.
>>
>> We're in the process of moving these pages to a static, external
>> format, based on RailsGuides.  I don't have a specific time on
>> getting
>> it done, but this is one of Bruce's main focuses at the moment, so I
>> expect he'll get it working quickly.
>
> OK, thanks.  I don't know RailsGuides, but just looking around, it
> seems
> that it uses Textile.  So will all of the wiki docs be converting to
> Textile?

Looks like Bruce will be modifying RailsGuides to use Markdown, and
we'll use that.

> I don't relish converting the module docs that I've already built,
> but I
> can't say I'd be sorry to say goodbye to restructured text.  If
> Bruce is
> developing an automated conversion tool for restructured -> Textile,
> it
> would be great if he'd make it available.

One of the reasons for using Markdown, in addition to it generally
being a better format, is that we can't seem to find rst2textile
converters, but it's easyish to do rst2markdown.

[...]

--
The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible
man hardly anything. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe