Ohad Levy wrote:
> Or Foreman - it generates a preseed file and also everything you need
> to start puppet (e.g. Your env and friends).
>
> Ohad
>
> On 12/8/09, Russ Allbery <r...@stanford.edu> wrote:
>
>> Joe McDonagh <joseph.e.mcdon...@gmail.com> writes:
>>

>>> It would be nice if we could preseed the puppet installation package
>>> with some values. This way during boot up, preseeding debian-installer,
>>> I could also preseed the puppet package to start in a certain
>>> environment. Beyond that you could preseed certname, server, etc.
>>>
>>> This e-mail is to basically gather thoughts and see if it's worth filing
>>> a debian bug to get this functionality into the .deb.
>>>
>> Out of curiosity, why not use FAI?
>>
>> --
>> Russ Allbery (r...@stanford.edu)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>
>>
>> --

A preseed file for debian-installer? I don't need it. I am saying,
adding support for preseeded values to the puppet package itself. I
talked to Nigel and I got the idea that it doesn't currently support
preseeding any values, so he suggested emailing the community to get a
list of settings that people would like to be able to preseed.

--
Joe McDonagh
Silent Penguin Services