On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Steven VanDevender <ste...@uoregon.edu> wrote:
> Douglas Garstang writes:
>  > On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Peter Meier <peter.me...@immerda.ch>
> wrote:
>  > >
>  > >> First question... are definitions executed in the order they appear?
>  > >
>  > > puppet doesn't execute anything. it manages resources and defines are
>  > > resources as well.
>  >
>  > Fine. Does puppet manages resources and defines in the order they appear?
>
> Ordering is indeterminate unless "require" or "before" are used in
> resource definitions, which then produce the declared ordering
> relationship.

I was hoping that was just classes. Watching the logs seemed to
indicate that definitions were acted upon first.

Oh well, back to my original question. How can I make sure that my
network definitions are done FIRST? And before anyone says to use
require, I can't a) put require on every single damn resource in my
puppet config requiring the networking. That's asinine and b) How do
you require a definition? That makes no sense.

Doug.