Was there discussion on metadata for modules?  I know Luke was
experimenting with that.  I'd love to see what OS(es) a module has
been tested on, and what versions of Puppet.

J.

PS: WRT to RI Peinaar's mail: any votes on extlookup backends?  Once I
have extracted the CSV code it should be simple to add more.  I'm
thinking yaml or json, or something like that.

2009/12/17 Scott Smith <sc...@ohlol.net>:
> Al @ Lab42 wrote:
>> 1-  a class for an application, sharing the same name. (IE: apache
>> (not httpd) for managing Apache)
>> Still I wonder why I (and many) use ssh instead of openssh :-)
>>

> Hmm, I think most of the conventions are sensible, thanks for taking the time
> to summarize it all!
>
> On point #1 however, I kind of disagree: Technically Apache (Software
> Foundation) is the
> organization, and the web server is Apache HTTP Server. I do agree that
> `httpd' is way too generic.
> In this case I prefer to use `apache::httpd' and `apache::tomcat' etc.
>
> Just my opinion :)
>
> -scott

Julian Simpson
Software Build and Deployment