Hi,

On our organization we have custom npre packages distributed via yum, few
days ago a new test package was updated in the repository and new nodes
installed this version, the code looked like this:

class common::nagios {
  package { "nrpe_custom": ensure => "installed" }
}

To attempt to fix it I wanted to take control of which version we are
deploying by doing:
class common::nagios {
  $nrpe_version = "01.1-10"
  package { "nrpe_custom": ensure => $nrpe_version }
}

The logs show that there was a problem updating(actually downgrading) but
does not give me a clue of what might be going wrong:
Dec 19 00:38:25 puppetclient puppetd[3759]:
(//Node[puppetclient.example.com]/common/common::nagios/Package[nrpe_custom]/ensure)
change from 01.2-20 to 01.1-10 failed: Could not update: Failed to update to
version 01.1-10, got version 01.2-20 instead at
/opt/puppet/test/classes/common.pp:61

If on the client machine I attempt to downgrade via yum downgrade
nrpe_custom-01.1, the package get's downgraded correctly. I had the
understanding that package yum is versionable and I should be able to do
this kind of changes.

Any suggestion that could help to solve this.

Thanks
--
Tony