On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 5:38 AM, SyRenity <stas.os...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I found the following code example in Ohad's great monit module:
> http://github.com/ohadlevy/puppet-monit/
>
> class mymodule::myclass {
>    include monit::common
> }
>

> Am I correct in my understanding, that it allows creating my own
> puppet module, which will include the monit module as well?

a module is just a way to organize manifests for autoloading (and some other
).

in the example, you are including the class monit::common. The reason that
you should be able to access the class is because it is stored in a module.

this involves creating your own puppet class(es) that should be stored in a
module.

the class is mymodule::myclass

is should be stored in

/etc/pupppet/modules/mymodule/manifests/myclass.pp

so that it is automatically available to other modules as mymodule::myclass.

http://reductivelabs.com/trac/puppet/wiki/PuppetModules

-Dan

(Just doing my first steps both in Puppet and Ruby here altogether...)