Hi,

is there a way to manage cron jobs by puppet with the builtin cron
ressource in extra files?

I use to manage my cron jobs below /etc/cron.d and a service own name, for
example /etc/cron.d/apache (which can contain many jobs).

If I remove my service apache from the system or migrate it to another
machine I have exactly one cron dependency so it is very easy to manage.

I know, puppet manages my jobs but I like it that the system has the same
structure as without puppet (for example if I had to remove puppet for
some reason).

I don't see a way to do that in puppet but maybe I don't understand the
documentation.

regards
Oli