Hi All,

I'm sorry if I offended anyone by saying that Foreman solves all of puppet
problems, I mainly meant that there are areas which puppet simply doesn't
deal with, but we as sysadmins need to.

My goal with Foreman is to make our life easier, Foreman would be extremely
difficult to made if Puppet was not around, and I'm grateful for puppet and
RL.

As far it goes to the history, Foreman is inspired on another tool which I
was responsible for and was developed internally for the company I work for
in 2008, I've tried hard to opensource that tool, but once I've failed I've
started rewriting foreman from scratch on my free time.

I spend a lot of my time on Foreman, mainly because I wanted to contribute
something back, I truly believe in opensource, and for the first time, was
able to release something that people might find useful.

Our initial goals (RL and myself)  were to share the code, however we've
learned that  there is a mismatch between what RL needs, and what I can
deliver, RL need to make money, while I didn't feel its right that in order
to do opensource development I need to get a lawyer.

saying that, I would love to find a way to share/merge, I do know that there
are areas, where we have different aim - while that could be probably solved
with a plugins architecture, at this point of time, I'll be happy to
integrate foreman, share code, libs or what ever that we all benefit from
our strong community.

I've developed foreman to be useful for me, hoping others will find it
useful too, I've been doing my best to add feature requests from the
community, so it fits to us all, at any point of time I didn't aim to take
away clients from RL.

Not everyone needs to use foreman, but one of its goal is to make puppet
more accessible for others (e.g. someone mentioned something about SSL hell
recently? ;))  and at the end act as best practice approach to system
administrations tasks around puppet.

Michael - I'm sure you didnt mean any harm, it just sounded wrong, I'm sure
that no one at RL wants to make its community members feel bad about just
using puppet (because its so great) and not contribute code, and for the
ones who do contribute code, if it doesn't fit exactly to RL profitable
model, there must be other alternatives.

Ohad