Hi David,

Thanks for your reply, it cleared up some things!

On 22 feb, 20:35, David Lutterkort <lut...@redhat.com> wrote:
> You want to restrict when to make those changes with the onlyif
> paramater, something like
>
>         augeas { "...":
>           context => ...
>           changes => ...
>           onlyif => "match *[ Pin = 'release' and Package = 'augeas-lenses']
> size == 0"
>         }

Ah, so I was wrong in thinking that augeas would treat these kind of
config blocks as one entity with different variables. That makes the
augeas type a little less useful than I thought, but I probably
should've figured that out when I was building the lenses I needed.
There's simply no $name equivalent in augeas. Thanks for making that
clear.

> You'd need to add another augeas resource to cover that case, something
> like
>
>         augeas { "...":
>           context => "/files/etc/apt/preferences[Pin = 'release' and Package
> = 'augeas-lenses']",
>           changes => "set Pin-Priority 900",
>           onlyif => "match * size == 0"
>         }

Ok, so I'd be better off creating a type that adds these different
kinds of augeas resources with different checks for each variable part
of the resource.

> >  If there's no augeas-
> > lenses definition available, it *segfaults*:
>
> > /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/augeas.rb:48: [BUG] Segmentation fault
> > ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [x86_64-linux]
>
> > Aborted
>
> When that happens, is libaugeas0 installed ?

Yes, very sure it is, because my augeas resource depends on
Package["libaugeas-ruby1.8"], which depends on libaugeas0.

Thanks for the tips! I'll see what I can make of it. Even though it
requires more code, I still think augeas is a cleaner solution than
concatenated files (although I love your concatenated_file module,
DavidS!).

--
Kind regards,
Tim