Tim wrote:
Hiya,

Having a bit of a problem with a new puppet installation that I
believe is DNS related and I was hoping someone could assist with.

My puppetmaster server has two interfaces.. One sits on a management
network while one points to the outside world.

Both interfaces have a FQDN (hostname.mydomain.com and
hostname.internal.mydomain.com).. everything seemed to be going fine.

I'm using bindaddress to force Puppet just to listen on my preferred
interface (internal).. but it's still opting to use the
hostname.mydomain.com fqdn rather than the
hostname.internal.mydomain.com fqdn for its $servername.

This seems to be causing problems for the fileserver so I was
wondering if there is a way I can force Puppet to use
'hostname.internal.mydomain.com' rather than the other one?

Cheers!

Set certname to the FQDN you want in puppet.conf. Does that help?

--
Joe McDonagh
AIM: YoosingYoonickz