Hi Tony

Here my investigations for another user:

For our storage user the following happens with puppet:
notice: //Node[default]/netbackup/netbackup::general/users::storage/
User[storage]/groups: groups changed 'log,log' to 'log'

The user storage is not in ldap, but the group log. On ldap I have:
log:*:126:user1,user2,user3,storage,user4

Local I have:
log:x:126:storage

To get the information i always deleted the ldap or files entry in /
etc/nsswitch.conf.

I also have:
only ldap in nsswitch.conf:
# id storage
uid=902(storage) gid=902(storage) groups=126(log),902(storage)
only files in nsswitch.conf:
id storage
uid=902(storage) gid=902(storage) groups=126(log),902(storage)

Do you have any other ideas?

Do you think the problem could arise from that the user storage is not
in ldap?