On 03/09/2010 09:54 AM, Michael DeHaan wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 9:26 AM, christian <christ...@cust.in> wrote:
>> > I am using "require" for this problem...like in this case:
>
> Exactly, if you have all of your dependencies modelled, everything
> should work in a single run.

I've found this isn't the case depending on what you're affecting in your
manifests.  For example, making changes to NSS that are required by later
puppet manifests can still break as puppet hasn't taken into account for the
new NSS configs and doesn't know how to find the users.  I work around this by
using tags to bootstrap my system and then run the rest.

tldr: dependencies don't fix everything

-Doug