I build debs for passenger based upon the brightbox PPA dsc file.

I refuse to compile by hand on production.

On Mar 10, 2010 7:46 AM, "Michael DeHaan" <mich...@reductivelabs.com> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 4:04 AM, James Turnbull <ja...@lovedthanlost.net>
wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SI...
Apache modules can easily be shipped as seperate packages (mod_python
as an example)
that contain loadable modules.

(Forgive my ignorance, but is that not doable for passenger?)

Anyway, from a best practices perspective, it would be better to do
the rebuilds on your build server
as James said.

You don't want to be doing compilation on production servers, and you
won't have very good
granularity into what happens if something goes wrong.

rpm %post sections of any sufficient complexity are to be avoided.

--Michael