I will keep that in mind, ideally I would like to keep SSL in place for
security purposes I was really looking for a quick hack/slash to disable SSL
for the time being just to get past some auth issues.

Longer term though from a scalability POV, I will in the end have over 24-30
puppetmasters across my environment in various datacenters so SSL
management, redundancy and performance are some big concerns.

What is the preferred approach to handling this?  Seems mongrel is the
preferred setup? or passenger?

-Chris