On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 19:11:26 +0100
Peter Meier <peter.me...@immerda.ch> wrote:

> have a look at the replace option of the file resource:
> http://docs.reductivelabs.com/references/stable/type.html#file

I've done similar things with custom facts sent from the client at
system build time. i.e. during the initial puppet run in the kickstart
%post, I'll export FACTER_BUILDING=true and then test for that fact in
the manifests. If it's present, it'll overwrite the file, otherwise
it'll just leave it be. It's not elegant, but it works :)

Cheers,

Jon
--
Jon Fautley RHCE, RHCDS, RHCX, RHCA  email: jfaut...@redhat.com
Senior Consultant                    cell :     +44 7841 558683