> I vote that what we really need is a "Puppetmaster Server Options"
> page with a brief overview of the different options and the benefits
> of each.
>
> It's really quite complicated at the moment
>
> Webrick
> Apache with Passenger
> Apache with mod_proxy and mongrel
> Pound with mongrel
> Nginx with mongrel

Yeah, if we generalized our mailing list advice now, it (correct me if
I'm wrong) seems to imply "start out with webrick and learn how it
works, if you can, upgrade to Passenger, and if you can't, use
Mongrel?).

(Also ... Are many folks are using Pound and Nginx?)

I like choice, but I think it would be great if we could have a
favored option, for people who didn't want to do the research.

Right now that seems to be Apache+Passenger, but not saying we
couldn't change that later.

(and if perchance jruby is easier to use from distro packages and
meets requirements, more power to it?  or no?)

--Michael