Thanks, testing other settings was an excellent suggestion. It seems
no settings in my puppet.conf are working. Any suggestions on how to
debug this? This was all working before I upgrading from 0.24.5 to
0.25.4 For reference, here are my configs, although it seems that the
client config is not even being read.

Here is my client puppet.conf:[main]

logdir=/var/log/puppet
vardir=/var/lib/puppet
ssldir=/etc/puppet/ssl
rundir=/var/run/puppet
factpath=/var/lib/facter
pluginsync=true
server=puppetmaster.numerex.com
environments=production,testing
environment=production

[puppetd]
report = true

And here is the puppetmaster:

main]
logdir=/var/log/puppet
vardir=/var/lib/puppet
ssldir=/var/lib/puppet/ssl
rundir=/var/run/puppet
pluginsync=true
server = puppetmaster.numerex.com
environments = development,testing,production
node_terminus = exec
external_nodes = /etc/puppet/query_deploymanager.rb

[puppetmasterd]
certname=puppetmaster.numerex.com

[puppetd]
report = true

[testing]
modulepath = /etc/puppet-dev/manifests/classes
templatedir=/etc/puppet-dev/templates
manifest = /etc/puppet-dev/manifests/site.pp
pluginsync = true

[production]
modulepath = /etc/puppet/manifests/classes
templatedir=/etc/puppet/templates
manifest = /etc/puppet/manifests/site.pp
pluginsync = true