Hi,

Thanks again for the answers. I've haven't got to much time to play
with puppet, but I always seems to forget that puppet compiles the
code at the master, and sends this code to the nodes. The only thing
that is transferred from the nodes regarding information, is facter
information. Hence the variable ($ifconfig = generate("/usr/sbin/
ifconfig", "eth0") will be equal on all nodes when they get the
compiled configuration.

The only simple way I can think of is creating a manifest which uses
curl to POST a file to a HTTP server (or some other protocol). It can
be quite time consuming to compare 30 httpd.conf just to verify that
they are equal (they should be, but you never know without checking
it) before managing them with puppet.

Thanks for your help

/Tore