Hi.

> What kind of tools do you mean? I deploy code with OS packages so that makes
> it easy
> the package agent actually uses the Puppet provider code to do the
> install/update/etc
> so it's cross platform.

You mean you package your code as RPM/DEB, and then install it via
package agent (which uses Puppet code) on-demand, in push model?

> Not sure what other tools you mean, give me some examples.

The above approach would be fine, if this what you meant.

> you cant access the CLI of a remote machine interactively no, you send a
> request
> and get a response based on the logic in your agents.

Can you give any example to this? Suppose I want to find the version
of Linux installed on every host, for example.

> I use the package agent to apply operating system updates for packages not
> included
> in puppet manifests, or for cases where puppet manifest just say 'ensure =>
> present'
> and I manage the updates out of band when i am ready.

So you basically can manage updates as needed, in monitored fashion.
Nice.

I understand that such things as db schema updates and partial
productions deploys can be easily done using classes.
But do you plan to support deployment rollbacks of any sorts?

Regards.