Hi all,

The last 2 weeks we have been having problems with puppetd just randomly
stopping. The only thing the log shows is:

<snip>
Apr 21 12:14:59 relay puppetd[1376]: Finished catalog run in 4.78 seconds
Apr 21 12:30:07 relay puppetd[1376]: Finished catalog run in 4.76 seconds
Apr 21 12:45:20 relay puppetd[1376]: Finished catalog run in 4.61 seconds
</snip>

There is no pattern when the process stops but its usually between 15 min and 5
hours (And 'only' on about 50 nodes). Running a strace on the puppetd gives
that puppetd recieves a SIGINT and then exits .. I have tried to disable most
modules (We do have a few we cannot disable) but still the processes stops.

We are running version 0.25.4-2 on both master and slave with a haproxy
frontend since we have 2 servers (But one is disabled in the search for this
random error)

haproxy has been configured with high timeouts since it can take up til 177
seconds to process a node

<from haproxy.cfg>
contimeout      35000
clitimeout      350000
srvtimeout      350000
</>

the apache configuration of passenger has the following values:

<from apache.vhost>
PassengerPoolIdleTime 900
PassengerMaxPoolSize 30
PassengerUseGlobalQueue on
PassengerHighPerformance on
RackAutoDetect On
</>

I have asked on #pup...@freenode if anyone had an idea on how to track this
down since its becomming more of a pain to start puppetd every 15 minutes. I
haven't been able to get the timeout when running with --debug --trace

Our suspicion comes down to its a problem with a timeout since usually it stops
after a high catalog run time.

So ... Any idea on how to track this down ? _any_ input is welcome

/Kim