rlpowell mentioned this earlier on irc and i find myself in a similar boat - I
need to express a condition that doesn't fit neatly into the class/parameter
model and I'm not quite sure how to do it.  i'd like to add a cron entry IFF a
particular file (not managed through puppet) exists. Seems like the natural
thing would be to do:

cron { "myjob":
        command => "/run/this/script.sh",
        user => roleacct,
        minute => [0,30],
        require => File["/run/this/script.sh"]
}

file { "/run/this/script.sh":
        ensure => XXX
}

where XXX is some value that would not cause any changes to the file but merely
mark the resource as passing or failing depending on the stat(). Exec'ing
/bin/test is possible but I kind of hate execs. I'm not super happy about
having a resource intentionally fail but I'm not sure what else to do about it.

Any thoughts from others on how to accomplish this?

-=Eric