Dax wrote:
Hi all
Word of warning. Puppet newbie.

I have tried something similar to this for trying out user management.
http://serverfault.com/questions/58790/how-can-i-have-puppet-deploy-ssh-keys-for-virtual-users

This works, but not the way I really wanted. I would like to realize a
user and the have a type of group or class the will 1. create the
user, 2 add the public key, 3 set files for user environment.

The way I did it was to realize the user, then realize the sshkey and
then realize something else. I just want a nice package where I can
say:

class user::ops inherits user::virtual {
        realize(
                User["bill"],
                User["richard"],
        )
}

class user::overlords inherits user::virtual {
        realize(
                User["linus"],
                User["richard"],
        )
}

And it will do all of the above in one realize. Is it possible to make
a class virtual and have one for each user?

Thanx a mil
Dax

I do this with a definition, and yes you can have more than one ssh key per user, as the authorized key type supports that, you would just need to require the user also if you add any keys. If you'd like to see the code ping me on irc (joe-mac) at some point this week and I will sanitize and pastie it.

--
Joe McDonagh
AIM: YoosingYoonickz