This might be a good project for someone interested in Eclipse.
Maybe you could take a stab at it using those as a reference and then
we could check them in for others to use?

I talked once with an eclipse contributor about that and he mentioned that with the various built in support for DSL stuff in eclipse this should be pretty easy. So if anybody gets a person known to that kind of things to provide a skeleton it would be pretty "easy" to adapt thing.

From my experience: Pretty easy if you know Eclipse from a developers point of view. Which is not that straightforward to learn. Eclipse is a beast!

However, I think that Eclipse support would be pretty cool. But yeah, I would still mainly stick with vim ;)

cheers pete