From: puppet-users@googlegroups.com
[mailto:puppet-us...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of James Turnbull
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 9:31 AM
To: puppet-users
Subject: [Puppet Users] Introducing Scaffold

I?ve just written and released Scaffold
(http://github.com/jamtur01/puppet-scaffold) ? a very simple Puppet
scaffolding templating tool. It integrates with Puppet to create a
variety of Puppet configuration and objects.

You can install it via a gem currently:

$ sudo gem install scaffold

It requires Puppet and will install the templater gem as a dependency.

You can then use it like so:

* Basic Puppet configuration (creates site.pp, fileserver.conf and
supporting material in the Puppet configuration directory):

$ scaffold puppet

* Modules (it checks the Puppet module path and creates the module
in the first module path it finds):

$ scaffold module module_name

* Nodes (assumes you?ve created the basic Puppet configuration and
creates nodes in Puppet configuration directory):

$ scaffold node node_name

* Classes and Definitions:

$ scaffold class module_name class_name

$ scaffold define module_name define_name

* Functions:

$ scaffold function module_name function_name function_type

The function type can be statement or rvalue and defaults to
statement if omitted.

* Types and providers:

$ scaffold type module_name type_name

I?d welcome feedback, testing, and ideas (and code!) on how to
extend it. The idea is that once we?ve got a strong working tool
we?ll look to integrate something like the result into Puppet
mainline as a provisioning and template system.

Regards

James Turnbull

- --
Author of: