Hello,

I'm tryning to have puppet working whitout handling any part of a pki.
On one side I've got a puppet installation working, on the other side
a PKI.(dogtag)

I try to tell puppetmasterd to use my CA.crt and an already
functionning cert, but at launch time it still generates his own
certificate request. So I tried to sign his request, but he still
ignore the certificate.

here's a excerpt from the puppet.conf

[puppetmasterd]
    ca = false
    hostcert =    /tmp/cert/server/puppet.crt
    cacert =      /tmp/cert/server/ca.crt
    hostpubkey =  /tmp/cert/server/puppet.pub.key
    hostprivkey = /tmp/cert/server/puppet.key

# here's the log when I launch
# puppetmasterd --no-daemonize
Could not run: Could not retrieve certificate for
ipa2.gamma.agorabox.org and not running on a valid certificate
authority

# Just to be sure I've verified "hostcert" against the ca.
# openssl verify -CAfile ca.crt puppet.crt
puppet.crt: OK

# Here is the information in the contained in the "hostcert"
        Subject: DC=org, DC=agorabox, OU=gamma,
CN=ipa2.gamma.agorabox.org
        X509v3 extensions:
            X509v3 Key Usage: critical
                Digital Signature, Non Repudiation, Key Encipherment,
Data Encipherment
            X509v3 Extended Key Usage:
                TLS Web Server Authentication

Thanks