0.24 puppetmaster don't work with 0.25 puppet client.

Upgrade your puppetmaster to 0.25.4 (and facter to 1.5.7).
You can use ubuntu "lucid" packages.

Benoit

Le 11/05/2010 22:40, FAZANG a écrit :
On my puppet master i have installed
ruby1.8                         1.8.7.72-3lenny1
  puppetmaster                    0.24.5-3
facter                          1.5.1-0.1

On my SLES10.2 client i have installed
ruby-1.8.4-17.16 from the SDK DVD i got off novell site
puppet-0.25.4-4.1 RPM
facter-1.5.7-1.1  RPM

Background:
I already had puppetmaster and puppet going on 2 debian servers now
i am trying to get a Debian master and SLES client to work.

The first problem i had was on SLES running command

puppetd --server puppetmaster.uits.uconn.edu --test

Apparently it does not send the .pem file it creates to the
puppetmaster server.
I sftp'd the .pem file into "/var/lib/puppet/ssl/ca/requests" on the
master,
then "puppetca -l" and "puppetca -s hostname" worked
I also had to change the first line in /usr/sbin/puppetd
    first line to be "#!/usr/bin/ruby"  was "/usr/bin/env ruby"
NOW rcpuppet actually WORKS !!!

Reason I'm posting is i am trying the simple example with SUDO and
nothing happens
so i was wondering if my "hacked" install could be part of the
problem ?

BTW
the SuSe firewall is off
I am allowing ALL traffic to and from master and client in network
firewall
tcpdump show packets going accross the wire from both machines

any suggestions on how to turn up logging to test the SUDO example
would be great too...?
-ALF