On Fri, 2010-05-21 at 02:03 -0400, Joe McDonagh wrote:
> On 05/21/2010 01:17 AM, James Turnbull wrote:
> > On 21/05/10 1:44 PM, windowsrefund wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks for the tip. I never knew about this feature. I can see how
> >> this might be useful but I'm looking for something that shows the
> >> relationship of classes and defines rather than the resources that
> >> result from their use.
> >

> > Whilst not a tool you can use puppetdoc to document your manifests
> > and output it as Rdoc/HTML:
> >
> > http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/puppet/wiki/Puppet_Manifest_Documentation
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > James Turnbull
> >

> Yea I second checking this out. I have an svn check-out on the puppet
> dev server; every night at midnight a cron job runs puppetdoc on the svn
> checkout, and spits out nice HTML that sits on a network share for
> anybody in the IT group to read. .25's puppetdoc has gotten a lot better
> too.

I have a bunch of feature requests open for Rowlf, which I'd really like
to address if I can find some time.

Note: since I suck at html/css/graphic design, it would be very good if
someone could contribute a better/nicer skin for the puppetdoc html
output.
--
Brice Figureau
Follow the latest Puppet Community evolutions on www.planetpuppet.org!