On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 10:45 -0700, Patrick wrote:

> On Jun 2, 2010, at 10:42 AM, Patrick wrote:
>

> > On Jun 2, 2010, at 7:11 AM, Matt Wallace wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to write a module to manage yum repositories but before
> > > re-invent the wheel I was wondering if anyone out there had
> > > existing
> > > code I could adapt!
> >
> > I think there was a resource type built into puppet called yumrepos
> > on the types page.  I don't know if it was just removed from the
> > documentation during the port, or actually removed from puppet
> > though.
>
> I found it
> at http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/stable/type.html#yumrepo .
>  For some reason I just didn't see it before.

Awesome, thanks for that!

I've got it working on a stand-alone manifest with puppet, however the
following manifest doesn't appear to work when placed into a puppet
manifest on the server:

yumrepo{ atrpms-stable:
        name => "atrpms",
        baseurl => "http://dl.atrpms.net/el\$releasever-\
$basearch/atrpms/stable",
        descr => "atrpms for exim etc",
        enabled => "1",
        includepkgs => "exim-* dovecot* libspf2*",
        gpgkey => "http://atrpms.net/RPM-GPG-KEY.atrpms";,
        gpgcheck => "1"

I'm trying to setup a scenario similar to the following:

site-module

  |---repository modules
  |      |
  |      |---atrpms

  |---email-server

         |---package{exim:ensure=>installed}

The version of exim I want to install is in atrpms, however I want to be
able to use this repo for other things (I'm also using Dovecot from this
repo in another module) without getting a conflict because the repo has
already been defined elsewhere!

Thanks in advance,

Matt