It seems to be working, Chad.
After I figured out, that you have to use one of the cities listed
with rake time:zones:local, now my time is shown correct, too.

But symlinking puppet_dashboard.rb to $libdir/reports doesn't really
work for me and still gives "warning: no report puppet-dashboard".
So I will stick to symlinking it to /usr/lib64/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/
puppet/reports. At least until your integration is complete.

Christian