Hi

New to the puppet. I'm trying to make a user management module
"users", which has one definition and a bunch of classes. Here is my
structure under $modulepath :

users/manifests/classes/evergent.pp
users/manifests/classes/admins.pp
users/manifests/classes/list.pp
users/manifests/classes/outside.pp
users/manifests/classes/dbas.pp
users/manifests/defines/account.pp
users/manifests/init.pp

Definition is :

define users::account($realname, $userid, $password) {

It creates user, group, $HOME, adds user's public ssh key and chown -R
his whole $HOME

Then there is a class users::list that has all users like this :

        @users::account { "root":
                realname => "Root user",
                userid   => "1000",
                password => "xxxxxxxxxxx",
        }

The idea is that all users are defined as a "virtual definition" and
will be realized later.

Now there is class users:admins that has all sysadmins :

class users::admins {
        realize Users::Account["root"]
}

Then in site.pp I import my "users" module :

import "users"

and in one of the nodes I include sysadmins :

node "host1.test.com" inherits "default" {
        include users::admins
}

Now when I run puppetd -o -t -v on that node I get error :

err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on
SERVER: Failed to realize virtual resources Users::Account[root] on
node host1.test.com

Do I do something not supported by the puppet ? I understand everyone
suggests making virtual resource user and then realize them in the
class. But I want add some thing like chown -R $HOME, ssh keys and
more. Can I use virtual definition same way as virtual resources ?
What am I doing wrong ? Any pointers to something similar would help a
lot. I've checked "Pulling strings with Puppet" book but it does not
show any example of the virtual definitions like this.

Thanks