Yup, I hear ya. This was a pain until I realized that the only
variables defined in nodes are inherited from node to node.   The
variables defined in classes that are included by the node must be
expressed using the variable's full context. I just ended up mapping
certain variables to other variables in my server templates and it
seems to work fine. Modules will invariably use different variable
names for the same information so it seems like this kind of duct tape
is unavoidable.

--steev
tel: (612) 840-6253