On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 3:20 AM, Daniel Pittman <dan...@rimspace.net> wrote:
> Douglas Garstang <doug.garst...@gmail.com> writes:

> [...]
>>>
>>> *nod*  They are pretty much the best solution available at this time.
>>
>> I must be missing something fundamental then, because I am getting this:
>>
>> Could not run Puppet configuration client: Could not find dependent
>> Exec[concat_/tmp/foo] for File[/_tmp_foo/fragments/10__tmp_foo] at
>> /etc/puppet/modules/concat/manifests/fragment.pp:45
>
> Did you follow the examples in the documentation of the module, and that
> R.I.Pienaar pointed you to?
>
> Can you post the code that isn't working for you?
>
> My guess is that you have not included the setup and overall file target
> sections, only a fragment, but without seeing what you wrote we could only
> guess at what you had actually done...

Using the simple use case example in the comments at the top of
concat/init.pp, simply,

node 'test01.fr.xxx.com' {
    concat::fragment{
        "foo.com_config":
            target  => "/etc/somefile",
            content => template("dhcp/host.erb");

That's it. I figured it would take the contents of dhcp/host.erb and
append it to /etc/somefile, but instead I get the error:

Could not run Puppet configuration client: Could not find dependent
Exec[concat_/etc/named.conf] for
File[/_etc_named.conf/fragments/10_foo.com_config] at
/etc/puppet/modules/concat/manifests/fragment.pp:45

And .... now that I think about it... isn't this incredibly
inefficient? Doesn't the client basically have to reconstruct the file
from scratch every time?

Doug.