On Jul 8, 7:25 am, Jon Charette <jon.chare...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have a module that handles pecl effectively?
>
> Thanks much.
> -Jon.

Feature request #2926[1] deals with this and has links to some code
that may help you.

How I have been handling this is to find/create a package using the
systems native package management utilities and install them like any
other package. This is done because having multiple package handlers
(yum, gem, pecl, etc) on one system is an administrative headache. For
reference, I am currently doing this with the memcache pecl module in
my php::memcached class[2].

[1] - http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/2926
[2] - http://forge.puppetlabs.com/ghoneycutt/php

-g