On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 12:02 AM, Joe McDonagh
<joseph.e.mcdon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 08/22/2010 02:42 AM, Douglas Garstang wrote:
>

>> This seems a bit weird to me. The second parameter isn't optional (I
>> think the 2nd and 3rd parameters should be switched), which means that
>> you MUST have a default value in there, which means, you might as well
>> use the same value as in the file, which means the file is somewhat
>> redundant. Anyone else see that?
>>
>> Doug.
>>

> extlookup has always supported defaults, which were always optional. A
> cursory look of the current code appears that it's also still an optonal
> default.

Hmmm, I'm too tired to try that again, but the next problem is that I
want to be able to put these defaults in external files, but ALWAYS
override them with the value passed from an external node. It's more
specific after all. However, extlookup doesn't work like that. It only
uses the default passed directly to extlookup when it's NOT in the
files, therefore giving the files precedence.

Doug.