You could always have a script that queries the puppetmaster or whatever your
report server is. I'd just use https. Have some cgi script that grabs the
latest yaml file for the requesting host and then returns it. The requesting
script on the client can then parse it and do whatever with it. You could get
crazy and cache the report locally but you'd need some way of dirtying it after
each puppet run.
I don't think there's any security implications in that. You shouldn't have any
sensitive data in your reports unless you log the output of Execs that contain
passwords.