Ohad Levy <ohadl...@gmail.com> writes:

> Another options which I've used successfully in the past is:
> http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/puppet/wiki/Cron_Patterns - see the
> section title: Setting Cron using a Puppet custom function
>
> One important thing to note is that when you get a random value, puppet will
> change it on each puppet run.

...but not, to be clear, the result of the fqdn_rand function, which does
something pretty similar to what you are proposing here with a custom
function.

Is there some extra benefit to the model you suggest over fqdn_rand?

        Daniel
--
✣ Daniel Pittman            ✉ dan...@rimspace.net            ☎ +61 401 155 707