* Amos Shapira <amos.shapira at gmail.com> [2010/08/27 01:06]:
> e.g. here is what I tested again right now:
>
>     diff_args = -ubB -I \$HeadURL
>
> and here are the errors that I get:
>
> err: /File[/usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_state_file.pl]: Failed to
> retrieve current state of resource: Could not find value for $HeadURL

In many config files, such as mutt's, you need to double all the
backslashes, to protect them from the dereferencing that happens
during parsing.  So, in \\\$HeadURL, the first \ would escape the
second \, and the third \ would escape the $, so that what gets
passed through is \$HeadURL.

Thus, this is untested speculation, but it can't hurt to try:

  diff_args = -ubB -I \\\$HeadURL

--
Darren Chamberlain <dar...@boston.com>