On a file resource, if the content parameter is set and checksum is
set to none, I am getting "Parameter content failed: Munging
failed..."

This appears to be a bug, but maybe I missed something in the
documentation and it isn't supposed to work.

cat test.pp
file { "/tmp/foo":
        checksum => none,
        content  => "this is foo\n",
}

puppet test.pp --debug
debug: Failed to load library 'selinux' for feature 'selinux'
Parameter content failed: Munging failed for value "this is foo\n" in
class content: undefined method `none' for
#<Puppet::Type::File::Content:0x90212d8>