We would like to avoid pre-scheduled updates in our production environment
by puppet.  The solution I've come across is to instruct the puppet agent
not to update on a schedule and instead use "puppet kick" from the puppet
master to force updates when we're ready to deploy them.  I can't seem to
get this to work.  I have asked around the IRC channel and received a few
pointers, but it's still not working correctly.  I've added the "listen =
true" line to the puppet.conf file on each node, as well as creating a
namespaceauth.conf file on each node, with wide open permissions at the
moment.  When I attempt to run puppet kick from the master, I receive the
following error:

[r...@admin puppet]# puppet kick -d test.foo.com
Triggering test.foo.com
Host test.foo.com failed: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read
server certificate B: certificate verify failed
test.foo.com finished with exit code 2
Failed: test.foo.com

I am running both the puppet master and agent services with full debugging
and I do not see anything in the logs relating to this "puppet kick".  Can
anyone offer any insight?