On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 11:53 AM, M C <maem...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Restarting the puppet master with the certdnsname option set did not change
> the certificate in /var/lib/puppet/ssl/certs/admin.baz.bar.com at all.
>
> My understanding from the documentation is that the issue was with ca.pem.

If that's the case, the options I provided wasn't addressing the right
certificate.

Is that not the case?  Is there some trick to get puppet to regenerate the
> certs properly?  From what I've been able to find, this seems to be at least
> partially related to Bug #4226.

If the problem is related to 4226, you just need to specify ca_name option
when running puppetmaster for the first time. Once the ca.pem file is
created it won't replace it:

puppetmasterd -v --ca_name="Puppet CA puppet.bar.com"

Issuer: CN=Puppet CA puppet.bar.com
X509v3 Key Usage:
                Certificate Sign, CRL Sign

I would backup the ssl directory first.