On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Nigel Kersten <nig...@google.com> wrote:
> eg the proposal is that if you don't specify the protocol, server
> address, modules prefix, module name, it is assumed you are referring
> to a file path relative to the 'files' subdirectory of the current
> module.
>
> If you wish to fully specify the source URI, you're free to do so.

Since we can determine module_name in 2.6, I agree with this change.
But we should update template behavior so it's the same as file.
Currently for templates:

content => template("foo.erb"),

Puppet would look in $templatedir/foo.erb which is
/var/lib/puppet/template/foo.erb, rather than foo module templates
directory.

If we make this change for files we should have both behave the same.

Thanks,

Nan