Thanks Daniel.  I appreciate your commentary.

The main difference it would appear from this and tagmail is that
tagmail constantly sends numerous emails.  This script is run
on-demand or out of cron and harvests the stdout of all the last run
reports into one summary email/report.  One email when you want it and
how you want it vs. hundreds or thousands every hour.  I agree, this
would be way too much noise and why I didn't like the idea of tagmail.
 I only want a summary once in a while, not a constant flow of them.