----- Original Message -----

test:               Enable the most common options used for testing.
                    These are +onetime+, +verbose+, +ignorecache,
                    +no-daemonize+, and +no-usecacheonfailure+.

> Because --test is what we are using constantly here. I believe it's a
> tip from "Pulling strings with puppet".
>
> From what I gathered, it's the standard way to enforce a run while
> puppet is also running in daemon mode, which is quite exactly what
> Mohammed needs.
>
> So what are the catches to be wary of?

I would be wary of ignoring your catalog cache. Deploying this throughout the
environment would be detrimental to performance. The individual flags are a
better way to go.