Hello everyone. I'm running in to trouble setting/changing environment
variables for exec resources in 2.6.2.  If the environment variable exists
before I try to run the command, puppet can't seem to change it. For example,

exec {"foo":
   environment => "PATH=/blah",
   command      => "/bin/bash -c \"echo \$PATH\"",
   logoutput       => true;
}

returns the old PATH value.  Now, if I make up a new variable that didn't exist
prior to the exec, like MYVAR, it works.

exec {"foo2":
   environment => "MYVAR=MYVAL",
   command      => "/bin/bash -c \"echo \$MYVAR\"",
   logoutput       =>  true;
}

returns MYVAL.  Here's where it gets weird.  I get the same exact behavior if I
set the variable in the bash command string.

exec {"foo3":
   command  => "/bin/bash -c \"export PATH=/blah; echo \$PATH\"",
   logoutput   => true;
}

returns the old PATH value.  While this returns MYVAL,

exec {"foo4":
   command => "/bin/bash -c \"export MYVAR=MYVAL; echo \$MYVAR\"",
   logoutput  =>  true;
}

Is this an actual bug or am I missing something?